Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anybody up for a group ride with this man?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mintpaul, Nov 15, 2006.

1. #1 mintpaul, Nov 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Would definately take a lot of endurance to cover those sort of distances.

I reckon he's pretty game to ride up through Columbia and through to central america.
  3. What about his bike!!!
  4. I'm a sportsrider 100% so I'll pass thanks. :grin:
  5. what bike is he riding? :LOL:
  6. [​IMG]

It's a Yamaha YZF R1 (2001 model). *grin* How do I know that? It's called research. :grin:

For more info. on sjaak:

Imagine being able to do that *sigh* I hope he's got some kind of documentary coming out...and a book too. :) I only flicked my eyes over his site, but it looks like this is his second world trip.
  7. Oh, if I had the time and the money and wasn't getting married in December... I would totally do something like that. :) My hat/helmet is off to you Sjaak.
  8. What a nutter hasn't heard of a dual purpose lol all on a sports bike that is very impressive
  9. How cool was that, i loved the part when the bike just came out of the drink and he is turning the motor over and the water is coming out of the exhaust

Cheers :cool:
  10. That is truely amazing, credit to the man.
  11. there is some old (russain ???) guy riding his way around the world at the momnet on a BMW... he's was in melb recently i saw him out side peter stevens the other day... good on them
  12. That is fcuking cool. :shock: :grin: :grin:

Hey Latte Munkey, can I borrow your Duke for a few months? :twisted: :LOL: :LOL:
  13. Without the 3rd, you'd have the 1st and 2nd :wink:
  14. saw that vid when i had just brought my bike - 2001 R1 red of course--- it was so insipiring to watch -- made me realise we can do so much more on our bikes than we can possibly imagine.
  15. I received an email from Sjaak's sister saying that he's started a small trip, with some guy called Marcus Kingma. Their goal is to celebrate New Years Eve at the North Cape (Norway) the northern most point of Europe!

You can watch them live at: www.oliepeil.com/tracer.php

I've tried accessing this video but my computer wont let me...something about active x and java. :? :(

16. Theres 2 versions of that video on netrider at the moment.

I think thats a very good video...very good viewing. Especially the end on the dried Bulvarian lake.