Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anybody ridden the Nurburgring before???

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by belair, Sep 11, 2009.

1. As the subject title suggests, looking to hear from anybody who has ridden the Nurburgring or the Nordschleife as some may call it. Experiences, stories, costs, weather, anything that you can tell of your experience. More specifically bike hire close to the circuit if anybody has hired a bike for the day and done some laps. Or even if you have hired a bike around Frankfurt before.

I'm planning to be touring through Germany (not on a bike) in July/August next year. In the pipeline is the plan of fulfilling a fascination with the circuit by doing a few laps on a bike. No knee down antics or anything like that just a leisurely cruise to take it all in.

Have done some research and plenty of options for car hire even "tricked up" car hire for the speed freaks who want to try and break the lap record. But havn't come across anything for motorcycle hire close to the circuit. I may end up hiring a bike for a few days and include an excursion to the track. Anyway, would appreciate any info.

2. Bike hire's cheap in Germany - most of the German bike forums are fine with English so just post up an ask. Recommend taking a bike to the alps if you have time; though you could spend a year riding new twisties every day, a few days is enough to sample it.
  3. I recon would be fantastic. As said there would be plenty of bike hire places, ask on the german sites.......

Keep us posted how you go.
  4. I stood beside the Nurburgring just two weeks ago, if that counts? :cry: Would have loved to have driven/rode upon it, but alas. Next time.

As I'm sure your research has revealed, one needs to make sure the insurance cover permits use on the Nurburgring.

I've heard it's not so bad with European insurers, but most of the UK insurers specifically exclude the Nurburgring from their policies.

Good luck!
  5. Any updates on how you went looking for bike hire??
  6. A "leisurely cruise" around the Nurburgring... Good luck with that! There's no 'slow group' as far as I'm aware!
  7. Got any example places? The sites I found were pretty expensive :(
  8. Ohhhhh, I'd love to ride the nurburgring. It's on my todo list.
  9. Draging out the XBox and playing 'Forza Motorsport' is as close as I'm gonna get for probably 5 years.

I envy you - get that bike and burn that sucker up!

- boingk