Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anybody own a BMW SportIntegral helmet?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Tiff, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Looking at getting a new lid, tried on a few and the SportIntegral seems like a good fit - meant to be very quiet too. Am obviously a bit biased to the Beemer brand as I've got a bike, but was wondering if anyone already has one of these as I'd like to know if the ventilation is any good?

It's bloody hot in melbourne at the moment, and commuting with a fried head doesn't appeal.

2. I own a sport integral and yes it is very light and very quiet but I still use earplugs.
    In terms of riding in the heat with one of these well it's purely subjective.
    When going the ventilation works brilliantly but when stopped because of the extra insulation around the chinbar to keep the noise out it gets bloody hot.
  3. Thanks smee. Pretty much as I thought.

I ended up getting a Shark RS1 today. A little bit similar in shell shape, fit my noggin well, same amount of ventilation, but less padding around the neck, so a bit cooler.