Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anybody know anywhere that might fix a zip on a boot?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by markcpotter, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Hi All,

the zip on my alpinstar smx boots has just broken - does anybody happen to know anywhere that might fix something like this?

2. Cobbler
  3. Where are you? There is a place in Melb that does it.
  4. No!...It's true.
  5. Yep one post is enough.

Medal boots Gertrude Street Fitzroy
    Its around the back of a laneway and hard to find so you may have to look around but they are the duck's guts.
    Nuff said.
  6. Seconded.

But I get the impression that repairs take some time given it's a one man show. The kind of place where it pays to drop in every now and again to see how work is progressing. The quality is worth it though - I love my Medal boots!
  7. Kew Cobblers, Walpole St Kew.
  8. Thirded
  9. Oakleigh Shoe Repair ( Melb, Vic. suburb ) near the market has always managed to replace any busted zip I've ever thrown at him, and always in a timely and cost effective manner
  10. Hi - I ended up buying a new pair of boots but still with the intention of getting my smx-3 goretex boots fixed as a spare for when the weather turns bad.

The cobblers that I phoned said they could probably do it but I would need to source a zip.

When I bought my new boots they guy in the shop called the A* rep to see if I could get a spare zip - he couldn't supply this but recommended a cobbler called Manfreds on Errol St in North Melbourne - he stocks the zip already and can do it for $65