Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anybody know an importer in QLD?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by phirencore, May 27, 2007.

1. Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anybody knows of a business that imports & complies Greys, of the 250cc 'roadbike' variety.. namely kawasaki GPX250R, ZZR250, Yamaha FZR250/FZX250.. I tried googling and haven't found any. And I think a lot of the actual bike shops have markups.

Also failing that what should I pay for a private sale on the above bikes? Any ideas what they're really worth?

2. I bought a fzr250 privately for 2,500, traded it for the same amount.

Saw the same bike being sold privately for $5,500, I'm quite sure at that money they still own it.
  3. Thats a good price

Wow, yeah, about 2,500 to 3K was what i was hoping to pay.. Thank you for the post! Did you like the bike? I'm just after something to use for casual rides on the weekend around the city, along the beach, stuff like that.. + occasional commute.

EDIT: by along the beach I don't mean ON the beach.. heheh.. road of course.
  4. if that's your budget, you won't get something imported for you, and it has to be dont through the people with the licences etc, and that's what you pay for.

Are you eligible to get your opens through q ride? Had a car licence for more than three years?
    If no, i'd be looking for a GPX/ZZR instead, most of the FZR/CBR bikes were last made in about 94 and are imports, so parts are getting harder to get.

ZZR's are tough and cheap to run

My FZR250 was an 88 model, and i had some issues with it, mainly due to neglect from previous owner. butwhen it was going it was a fun little bike :)
  5. Yeah I'm eligible for opens, but I actually don't want any more power than a 250cc.. safety mainly, I want to have one as a weekend thing to do to get out of the house, I'm not much of a speeding nut. Few accidents in cars have taught me my lessons ;)

So the ZZR250's/GPX250R is the way to go you reckon. They're both the EX250 engine block or whatever right?

You are awesome thanks for the links!
  6. For imported bikes try...

Apparantly they are brilliant to deal with. They're up your way as well

They have an FZR250

7. Perfect.. They look good, i'll give them a ring on monday and wack a deposit down if all checks out :)

You guys are all most helpful.
  8. Give them a call, but the bikes are more expensive than your budget and that website is ususally out of date :)

But they might be able to help you..

And the power of a 250 wears off pretty quick....