Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

International Anybody done a bike tour in Fiji?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Its the Pleats, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Evening all,

I've got 36 hours in Eff One Jay One at the end of April and was thinking about doing a day tour. Has anybody here done one? My mind keeps going back to my week in Vietnam a couple of years ago so I may be disappointed. My trusty google - who is normally my friend - leads me to a few crappy sites about hiring a small scooter and pottering around Suva etc. but not really what I was thinking.

Should I just get myself shitfaced on the beach instead?

2. I just spent 5 weeks in Fiji, Mainly Muscat Cove on a catamaran,

I hired a car and was going to drive around Fiji in 5 days, Took a day and a half, and I gave the car back,

All your rain forest and grouse beaches are between Suva and Nadi on the bottom coast line of Fiji,

Across the north of Fiji, Is similar in terrain to Bathurst or Castlemaine in Vic,

people are exceptionally friendly, Bula, means How ya going mate, or good day.

And most will wave at you,

Watch the bloody speed humps, Some are not marked and are quite big, Hahahahaha

3. Thanks deadman, on google maps the south trip from Nadi to Suva looks cool. 200km! Might not do it on a scooter, 400km would be a stretch!

I'll keep looking and if i find anything i'll post it up...

4. I hired a scooter when I was in Nadi a 125 and did the coral coast to almost pacific harbour and back in an easy day trip. The coral coast is apparently the best bit. you could probably do a two day trip one day through the mountain in the middle stay in nadi and then ride back via the coral coast.

Don't expect to get anything bigger than a 125 scooter. that's all there was and nadi is more touristy than suva.