Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

any1 know how to silence a screaming demon???

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ben1, Oct 13, 2009.

1. hi all,
    ive just put on the screaming demon MTGP-250 carbon Shorty, and it is very very loud and im wondering if anyone has any tips to bring down the noise abit? not so its quiet but just quieter if that makes sense.
    i.e what to use, how to use etc...

or maybe some1 knows of a silencer i can buy if so any1 know the price on these?

thanks all

2. So you put an exhaust called a “screaming demon” and now you want to quieten it down…
    Is going back to the stock exhaust an option?
  3. Ear Plugs.....

Real bikes are loud so that they are more visible/noticable in traffic..its a safety feature
  4. WOW!!!

Thanks for the help.
  5. If it is some sort of sllip-on you could try taking it off & then stuffing chicken wire or similar down the pipe. Ram it in so it's nice & tight. A bit of trial & error.

Friend did that on his car years ago to get a defect sticker removed & it worked.

Don't know how long it will last though.
  6. some aftermarket mufflers have slip/screw in additional baffles to make them quieter. That said...I still prefer earplugs

Attached Files:

7. great thanks fellas
  8. Ear plugs. Or go see local muffler shop and see if they can adapt a slip in baffle for you.
  9. Er, yeah. What he said.

For what it's worth, I agree with you that many aftermarket cans are just too loud. THAT'S WHY I DON'T BUY AFTERMARKET CANS. :p
  10. A Screaming Demon?

Hornet might be able to arrange a discount exorcism for you.

11. How about bending down next to the exhaust, wagging your finger at it and then putting said finger to your lips and telling it to "Shhhhhhhh"?????

Seriously, you could take it to an exhaust shop and look at having a removable baffle installed, or look at putting your stock muffler back on.

Another alternative might be to have the baffles in your stock muffler redesigned by an exhaust shop so that it's just a little louder than stock.

"I feel the need.... the need for speed!"