Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any Triumph Sprint ST 955i riders in Melb ?? Help....

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by paulm_collins, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Hi All,

I had another thread a while ago connected with this but cant be bothered to find it..... lol

Basically, bought this bike used in May.
    Had lots of problems with engine not sounding right, stalling etc....

Had lots of work done under warranty including almost full engine recondition, new throttle mechanism.

Took it back recently as there was a constant 'tick tick tick' noise when idling and when riding.
    Had a new cam tensioner fitted last Monday. I have now noticed that the noise seems worse !!!

I just wondered if anyone who has the same bike could take a listen to it and see if they think its a problem and if they might know what the problem is.........

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
  2. Sprint

Being a triple the engines are a bit noisier than a four cylinder, but your sounds like a bit much from your description.
    Who did the repair work? Maybe let them listen to it & take it somewhere else for a second opinion. Check out Charlie @ Turn One, he's pretty switched on with things Triumph. If you want to come over to Ashburton I could have a listen to it for you. Drop me a PM for contact. Duncan.
  3. I have the 1050 engine in my 06 sprint so cant be of much help, cant say that I have ever noticed any ticking from any other triumphs I have ridden with.

take it to a few work shops and see what they think