Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any suggestions re Honda dealer for service

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by DannyN, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Hi All,

I am a new rider in Sydney and have just picked up a second hand VTR250 with low k's. The bike is still under warranty and I will need to get it serviced at a Honda dealer. Any recommendations ? I live in the Hills and work in Northmead.

Thanks for the help.

2. You dont need to get it serviced at a Honda dealer to keep your warranty valid, you just need to be able to show that it has been serviced correctly and at the right intervals by a licensed motorcycle mechanic. You will need to take it to a Honda dealer for any warranty work.

My dealings with Action at Parra make me reticent to send anyone there. Beyond that I cant really recommend anyone out your way, I use Weaponry at Mona Vale. Try a bike mechanic rather than a dealership, you'll probably get more personal contact with the mechanic, and they generally have time to answer all your silly questions.
  3. Thanks for the heads up!
  4. There is Sydney City Motorcycles on Epping Road on Lane Cove. They sell quite a few ! Hondas and they sound knowledgeable. I had a recommendation from a friend to use them and have had them do a service and reseal the forks.

I am getting my bike back tomorrow so can't really say much besides the discussions I had with them over the phone.
  5. I too bought a near new 2nd hand Honda still under warranty but found the Honda dealers service prices were more than the local bike shops so I get it done at the locals