Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any SRV250s out there?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Roybot, Jul 20, 2007.

1. How many people here have the same bike as me (mines a 94), or have owned one in the past, would love to hear about experiences with it or any mods they might have done...

2. Mad Mel / Deyago have one... used to be Mel's bike, but Deyago now seems to be appreciating the srv250 too... know they've been working on it, but dont know if just maintenance or mods... :grin:

At least I'm pretty sure thats what it is... I coul dbe wrong though :oops:

3. I don't understand why there's not a 500cc version?! Really nice bike!

4. I'm waiting for LAMS to hit Victoria, then i'm hoping to score a cheap SRV 250 Renaissa,

I like their style and it would be a great commuter

5. There's a coupla owners here, I am an ex-owner - loved the thing :grin:

6. I just bought a fairly cheap 1995 Green SRV. Needs a bit of general work, replacing the tank asap with a mint condition one I picked up from the wreckers as its a little bit rusty despite the previous owners attempt to fix it. Wheels need a good clean and then a polish or whatever to make them sparkle again, not sure how to go about removing the surface rust off the wire spoked wheels.

7. I bought one for my ex-wife to learn on.

Bad memories there...

but the bike was good :LOL:

8. I've got a mint condition Renaissa, love the thing to bits.

Really nice balance and like you say loads of style. I've put an aftermarket screen on mine, the reduced drag (on the bike ...not me :LOL: ) has given me an extra 15-20 kph at highway speeds.

I'm about to upgrade to something a bit bigger and will be selling mine shortly.

Cheers,

Mark

9. [I've got a mint condition Renaissa, love the thing to bits.

Really nice balance and like you say loads of style. I've put an aftermarket screen on mine, the reduced drag (on the bike ...not me :LOL: ) has given me an extra 15-20 kph at highway speeds.

I'm about to upgrade to something a bit bigger and will be selling mine shortly.

Cheers,

Mark[/quote]

Can you let me know when you want to sell it?

Dan.

Just got rid of car and need new wheels, would love to have a look, I'm in Bondi, (would have PM , but I'm a newbie)

10. Hey Dan, no probs, I'll pm you my email. Here's a pic. If you find one before I sell mine, grab it.... I think they are one of the best looking 250's around and its not another VTR (no offence to VTR250 owners, I like the bike, but there are sooooo many around...)

RENEISSA3.

11. Piper, that is a beauty!

I have a couple of 600's in the shed but have my 4th child on the way, I am looking for a simple. fun bike as I always want a bike in the shed, I hear too many stories of people who give it up for a couple of years, and end up staying away from motorcycling for 20 years.

Depending on what you are looking to upgrade to, we may be able to organise something, let me know

12. You've got me interested....I was thinking along the lines of a 600 - 900 as the next step up. Drop me a pm with what you've got.... Cheers, Mark

13. Ive got a 1997 Renaissa and the only modification ive done is add an extra tooth on the engine sprocket - a pretty common mod on the XV250 (same basic engine as the SRV) to lower the revs a bit. Its made the bike much more comfortable to ride in general, even though it may have lost a bit of top-speed, so i recommend you look into it

its a beautiful frame on the SRVs and i was trying to find a cheap one to shoe-horn an XS650 (bored and kitted to 750cc) twin into. it will be ... interesting

14. That, I would love to see. :grin:

15. Roybot, can you PM me

Ive got a couple a questions to ask about the SRV, going to look at one tomorrow and don't want to go over the top!

Sorry Roybot Can you PM me

16. Ask away! I'm willing to talk

17. What to look for...

I'm on the hunt for and SRV so if anyone knows of one in Sydney, that is in good condtion then let me know, Just sold the four wheels and trading down to two.... can't wait, It's a shame they are scarce!!! but I'm happy to wait to get a nice one

In the mean time is there anything specific to the SRV that you guys have found to look out for?

18. I can't really say, I think mechanically what you should be looking out for is no different from any other bike. I shopped around for a while and managed to pay a bit more than the average for a bike that looks and runs brand new, despite it being a 1994 model. Make sure the bike has no rust or magor dings or scratches... chances are if they have looked after the outside, they've looked after the inside too. (Not guaranteed... but a good indicator). Have a chat to the owner and make sure they know what they're talking about.

19. Howdy Roybot.

I have *exactly* the same as yours - a '94 model (named Vanessa or 'Nessy'). Riding her through twisties is honestly one of the most enjoyable things I can do.

She's a flawless commuter too - have had her since December last year, and have put almost 12,000 km's on her.

Cheers,

20. Can't find one

Help,

I am still looking for an SRV, preferiably the renaissa model but I'm having no luck. :mad:
    I'm still on two legs rather than two wheels and I'm really getting over it. I might have to go and buy a VTR I think... If anyone see's one around in Sydney then I would be very keen for a look...