Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any rides in Brisbane for a noob

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by rbarge, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Hi looking for a noob ride in Brisbane, maybe the mt glorious area, anybody interested?

2. mt glorious is not noob friendly

pm demuire, he's been out casing good roads :)

3. hello :) Good rides in Brisbane? Hmm. No idea :)

I haven't been up Glorious and Nebo on the bike yet, but have done it more than a few times in the car and I can imagine that you'd have to go pretty easy, as Tanya says I think it could bite you back pretty hard if you weren't careful.

Mt Cootha is ok, but it's a 50 zone and there are usually speed traps somewhere up there, so...

I'm from the Ipswich area and have been riding up and around Mt Crosby, Pine Mountain, Khola and around, and they're pretty nice noob friendly roads. Khola is a bit bumpy and there's a bit of gravel though.

4. we are holding a ride down here in coffs harbour the weekend of the 28th on some very nice mountain roads , Queenslanders are most welcome we arent racsist :LOL: come on down if you like between some of our members we should be able to organise accomodation at our places for you the night before we leave