Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any Rev'it Stockist, Vic?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Archer, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Hi people,

I've been rather busy lately and have found the time in the last week to start sorting gear..
    I've found most of what I'm looking for, but haven't found anyone that stocks Rev'it in Vic, I haven't been to the B&M stores yet, but there's no vic based web presence that I can find.

Does anyone know where I can go to check their gear in the flesh? aside from an impromptu drive to NewCastle (nearest Dealer according to the site).... which is not something Lana will take nicely. :shifty:

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. I had a quick look recently but didn't get far with it. Ended up ordering online and taking the gamble.

If you happen to want to try on a Medium jacket I can help, otherwise you'll have to take the gamble like I did. Their returns policy seems to be okay, one thing I would confirm first is the return address though. My gear shipped from NZ so return freight might be a bit rude if you need it to go back there.

I ordered from - http://www.revitaustralia.com.au/
  3. I'm a little bigger than my avatar, so I doubt a medium would cut it. Thanks for the offer though.
  4. I got mine from Revzilla in the US. Unfortunately because of Rev'it's policy you can't buy direct. I had mine shipped to a US address and then forwarded to me. It costs a little more but it's still heaps cheaper than here. I got an extra large Sand 2 jacket and it fits nicely. I'm 180cm and 90 kilos and medium build. Hope this helps.
  5. #5 bobthekelpy, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    I ordered a jacket (Airwave) last year from http://www.revitaustralia.com.au

I just contacted them first to confirm their return policy etc before placing the order.

As it turned out, I think their size chart is quite true to size ie; I measured 93cm chest and ordered a small (size chart said 88 - 94cm), and the jacket fits snug with a t-shirt underneath. If I was going for winter or multi season jacket, a medium would have been better to fit extra layers on under.

Hope this helps.
  6. I ordered the airwave using their size chart and was pretty happy with it. I emailed them a few times to make sure I was understanding the measurements properly and they were really helpful. I think I ordered from revzilla, but seem to recall it shipped from NZ. I think I needed the XL or XXL from memory, I can check what I got if you like.
  7. My main concern is laying out $X00 and then having to ship x times to get it right..
    I had a look at the 'size guru' on http://www.revitaustralia.com.au/in...category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=20 and I'm either to thin, too fat, too short or too tall to line up with one line... I'm able to 'suck it up' to get into some things, but I'd rather be comfortable as I intend on doing both run about and interstate, holding in the spare tyre that long could be rather uncomfortable I would imagine.

If I measured correctly, chest/waist/hip runs: 46, 45, 42... and in/outseam seems to be pretty OK, if it weren't for the 10" tyre mentioned above.... Hence my want to try before buying.

8. I have a feeling I'll be one size down from that (may just be a dream :sorry:), but I'd be more than happy to try it out if you're willing to meet somewhere.
    Thanks for the offer and reply.
  9. I've PM'd you so we can catch up.