Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any other BOLTers here?

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by pete the freak, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Anyone else got a Yamaha Bolt on here? Looking to trade ideas and thoughts on customs and upgrades.

Here's mine:

2. Me

I got the rspec (grey matte) October 2013. Here's a photo showing the memphis shades 17 inch quick release windscreen, luggage rack & 2inch rox risers are the main additions. Khancoban.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I like the bolt, it would be a good option for my commute. The only reservation I have is the tank size. When/if a larger tank becomes available, it will be a tempting option.
  4. It's only a 12 litre tank but depending on how you ride of course you can get 250-300 out of a tank. My low fuel light usually comes on anywhere from 220-240km and I usually fill up around that mark but never had to put more than 8.5 litres in.

I know other Bolters who have got 280-300 out of tank on highway riding and they ride more aggressively than me. Would think 250 would be around the mark for commuting.
  5. I've been riding pretty aggressively and getting around 180k's before the light comes on. Yet to fully test how far I can get with the light on.

Have got my eye out for bigger tank options...