Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any Netriders out on Tomewin Road today?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by anthony_p01, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Headed north today to visit family at Kingscliff and Tweed Heads, then afterwards I decided to head out to Currumbin Valley and take the V-Strom over Tomewin Road for the first time. Saw two groups of bikes (plus other riders) on the Currumbin Valley road and out on the hill.

Was a good day out. After heading down to Murwillumbah I then rode out to the Burringbar Range and rejoined the highway after that.

Hope you all had a good day out on the road.

2. Are you anywhere near Byron? The Burringbar is one of my favourites. Especially if there's a Rex to chase!
  3. Yamba is about 128km from Byron. I was just passing through today.....I lived in Murwillumbah for 25 years and travelled across the Burringbar Range by car twice a week when I was going to uni in lismore back in the early to mid 90's. Its still such a fun road and I really enjoyed riding on it today.
  4. If you're ever up this way, give me a call....I've been thinking about a strom, what do you think of it?
  5. Cool, it would be good to ride with someone. I love the V-strom, it's so different in every way to the Derbi GP1-250 scooter I had before it, but the more I ride it the more I love it. I ride to work each day, and for two of the day's I'm doing a 120km round trip - for that trip I have a choice of either the highway or a back road with some nice twisty sections - It handles both perfectly.

Yesterday's ride yesterday was great fun.....and it was definitely worth the 188km ride just to get to a great road!
  6. Drop me a line: