Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any Kristofferson fans??

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by rc36, Jul 1, 2005.

1. If anyone is interested and hasn't caught up with it, Kris Krisofferson is touring Australia in August and is appearing at most Capital cities and some regional venues as well. If anyone wants to know the dates and venues I'd be happy to provide same.

2. is that the guy whe mel gibson hunted down in 'payback'?
  3. No, I don't think so. I just had a look on google and it's not listed.
    He wrote lots of country songs (and sings them) Sunday Morning Coming Down, me and Bobby McGee, etc.
  4. So was Bobby a girl or has Kris been hiding a thing or two in the closet?
  5. you explain, bro, my brain hurts........
  6. No, Bobby WAS a girl, but when Jani Joplin mangled the song in 1970, Bobby was a boy. Does that help??
  7. Yep, he did the Blade movies too
    The site that I looked at didn't mention "Payback"
    Damn, does this mean the Internet is not infallible???
  8. Well kind of, although many suspected that Janis was a lesbian, so I guess it is still a little confusing.
  9. RC36, you seem like a normal guy, but your not........ :shock: :? :eek: :) :D :LOL:

Dan, you are 100% correct.... Singing career dies when he professed his love to Bobby from the Crying Game...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  10. She had a nice album cover astride a bike (Harley?)
  11. God DARN IT....... RC36 and Hornet, you boys better not bring that banjo with you.......
  12. Welllll, now that you mention it....
    I usually carry a guitar on my back to school each day!!!
  13. Ahhh Crap, better pack the KY then :eek: :eek: :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  14. are you kidding me kris is a singer?!?! jesus joplins gotta be better than anything i could imagine him churning out eith that voice :shock:
  15. Joplin was only marginally worse than a tirade by Adolf Hitler and marginally better than hearing your teacher scrape her fingernails down the board. Even her peers couldn't believe how someone with a voice like that managed to fool a record exec into recording her.

Most of her records are remakes of the one or two genuine albums that she recorded before she offed herself and did the music industry and our ears a favour.

Sorry if that offends, but really, she was the pits, music-wise.
  16. Neil diamond . Not every ones cup of tea but still great in my books and also still one of the best song writers around.
  17. Not wrapped in him as a singer, but is a good songwriter, yes. And Hot August Night was a landmark record in terms of live recording too.