Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any information on RS Taichi T-RAPS?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by dima, Dec 20, 2012.

1. #1 dima, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    The T-RAPS is the neck airbag system which (from what I could find on the net) is based on HitAir (SIDI is too for example).

The HitAir has quite a lot informational about it including the test data and slow motion inflation videos.

Unfortunately I can't neither confirm nor reject that Taichi's TRAPS is the same system.

Additionally, it sounds like the inflation time of the airbag is pretty slow (0.5s jacket, 0.3 suit - strange why different, like the street is less dangerous?). Even HitAir has the inflation time of ~0.1 to 0.25s.

It is somewhat concerning that there's almost no information about it on the net (only a few YouTube videos and forums discussions).

Does anyone know any technical details about it? Any certifications, test data etc etc?
  2. Yeah, I should meet him some time soon and will ask of course.

But it's a bit strange/suspicious that there is virtually no info about it on the net.