Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any info about resoling riding boots?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by cruznyoyo, Sep 17, 2007.

1. I have just upgraded to a real bike but since I never grew much touching the ground when on the bike is a challenge. To solve this the bike is being lowered but unforetunately that is not enough. I also have to have the riding boots resoled with thicker soles.

Has anyone had to resole their riding boots with thicker soles? Is it something that can be done easily? How thick can the soles be before comfort and safety is compromised?

Would it be better to have boots especially made?

Any information or advice would be appreciated.
  2. Can you reach the ground? if so then you balance the bike...not hold it up between your legs.

I've had a pair of Alpine Stars resoled...high heels..but need to get the heels lowered, as I can't walk in them. The put normal boot soles on them, instead of just making them the original height.
  3. Advice? sure, fill in the rest of your profile so we don't send you to Cairns if you live in Tassie ;)
  4. I have trouble touching the ground on a 150cc scooter!

The bike shop recommended lowering the bike and cutting 10mm off the seat but since the seat is not all that well padded I would prefer not to do anything to the seat. I hope a combination of lowering the bike and shoes with thick soles will be sufficient.
  5. this bad boy has a decent lift in the heel.

6. Medal boots in fitzroy will resole any motorcycle boots.
    In fact they resoled mine and repaired the zips on both my boots for $70.
    I can't remember the address exactly but I know exactly how to get there.
    They even make their own motorcycle boots.
  7. Try:
    Medal Boots
    Very good boots
    160 Gertrude St, Fitzroy
    VIC 3065
    03 9419 4391