Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

any ideas

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by tinkerbike, Mar 6, 2005.

1. my headlight on my ZZR 250 1993 will not come on i know its not the headlight, as it has come back on while me and my m8 were both fiddling in diferent spots but once we turned the ignition off then back on gone again

anyone with similar experiences please help

my psyciatrest says no bike is sending me mad.....

it could also result in spellling errrrors

2. It's a slow process trying to locate intermittant electrical faults. Basically, get a voltmenter and trace it from the bulb all the way back to the switch, jiggling connectors as you go. Good Luck.

leftleg

3. or easier, just keep the headlight and get a new bike!

4. Hi

Try your high beam switch, my sons CBR RR headlight wasnt coming on and we traced it to the high beam switch, in the low beam position it wasnt making contact in the switch which meant the light wasnt coming on when you started. It did come on when you switched it to high beam.

Worth a try

5. thnx cbar6,i also thought of gettin a new bike but my money tree is not in bloom.the girl is takin care of it and keeping it well pruned.

i wish i could just change a part and it would work, maybe i should keep my wishes for lotto.... dunno