Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any good route in West Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by PEEair, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Hi I have just recently got my L and have been looking for some nice curvy roads. I've been searching on the net and it seem all the good roads are on the East side. I live in St Albans and as a learner I don't feel comfortable travelling that far, especially alone. So if anyone know any good roads near my area I would apprieciate it.

2. Head out towards Daylesford and just ride around that area.

3. Yeah, she's gone now though.

Seriously, cruise up the Calder and take the turnoff to go to Mt Macedon. Head up over the Mount, take the signposted turnoff to the left and check out the Memorial Cross, turn around then continue on into Woodend, maybe grabbing a snack at Bourkies Bakery. Then just head back home the same way, this'll at least give you a taste of some twistie roads, then when you get real adventurous you can tackle the Great Ocean Road.

Welcome to NR.
    Safe riding.

4. Around the Brisbane ranges (Anakie, Meredith etc) is worth a look.

5. Alright thanks guys. I'm going to give them a try. Let's hope I don't get lost.

6.  Top
  7. by the way have a look at sat morn prac sessions down at st kilda they shodl start soon, and rides are organised every sunday that are learner friendly too..

8. Start this coming Saturday Goddie :D

If you need someone to get you into St.Kilda let me know ..

9. if it's gonna be this warm we might have to move it to hmmm, bells beach? lol

10. Well it look like I won't be going anywhere on my bike for a while, just found out the left front fork seal is leaking and most workshops are not working until 8-9 of Jan. And then I've got to go oversea on the 20th. ](*,) Was hoping I could get a few more rides before I leave.

11. "Re: Any good route in West Melbourne?"
    I haven't met her yet!!!

12. Youre a bbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddd man lol

13. I vote for Bells Beach. That way I could be there in 15 minutes, yeah!!!!!