Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any good picnic spots in Sydney?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by thecptn, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Taking the missus out for a picnic tommorow, though I have no idea where?! im looking for some where quite, near a lake or some thing, there has to be some where nice, not many people around, any pointers?

2. Kings Cross is nice.

3. Hyde Park? :)

You mean in Sydney? How far are you willing to travel?

4. Hmm, was a bit vague on that one, up to the gong if I have too, some good suggestions so far..cept for the cross :LOL:

5. Nooooo...the Cross is full of great spots and interesting people..

6. Lots of great places in the Nasho - beaches and lookouts.

7. Sydney is full of lovely parks on the waters edge...just how much help do you need ???

8. I seen a family having a picnic in the middle of the F6 freeway ,on the grass between the northbound and southbound lanes.
    Loverly spot for a picnic :LOL: :LOL:

9. Bicentennial Park in Homebush, lake and everything there :) It's plenty big so you can generally find yourself a secluded spot

10. Just in front of Taronga Zoo, arguably the best picnic spot in sydney looking out towards the islands and at the harbour bridge/opera house. To get there follow the roads down to taronga zoo and just keep going.

(Bradleys head)

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl