Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any fisherpersons about ?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by VTRBob, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Just a heads up for yah's

At the mo, snapper and 'pinkies' are fighting over what line to bite in Westernport bay . on any bait as well ! from boat to piers, the average boat is comming in with max allowable catches.

So far the biggest pulled out is a whopping 24kg !!!

Just been invited round to help eat him !

2. How about a Netirder fishing day?

I'll be up for that.

Bob, organise it :)
  3. Not a problem, just need some numbers and then i can look at boats etc.....
    Not that i know half of the owners at the marina, or the Westernport Angling club

:LOL: :LOL: :p :LOL: :LOL:
  4. 7.5kg Snapper the largest the other night in the bay...
  5. I'd be in on that,
    Fishing is my next favorite thing to riding, but i'm set up for river fishing so and can conbine the two. But would be happy to give sea fishing a go.
    Depending upon when of course.
  6. I'd be in for that. Bike in bits, but I have a station wagon and a Nissan Nomad if people need gear or themselves transported.

Fishing wise, I'm not real smart, but I can lift heavy things. Always willing to learn.
  7. Don't you need a license to fish these days? even if its just to throw a line off a pier? :roll: :x
  8. Depending on if you're in a "fishing" area (such as down here) - you can get a fishing license from the servo.... :p
    However, anywhere that sells bait or fishing tackle will sell licenses.

The ONLY people who don't need a license, is if you're under a certain age (is it 18 or 15? I'm too old to qualify, I know that much!! :evil: ), or you hold a SENIOR's Pension Card (Single Parent Pension cards don't count, as I found out from the Fisheries guy that "inspected" me :oops: )
  9. I will fish with anyone.

Actualy trying to go in the next week or so.
  10. I'm sure he meant after me that is!
    Yep I'll come too.
  11. well maybe just breath heavy :LOL:

hello donna ,
    where have you been oh sweet one ?
    whats this going fishing capper and not dropping into coffee any more ?

by the way , fishing with a rod and real .
    no dynomite , no spears , no guns , no bolt bombs , just rod and reel.
    if you ask mick nicely he might let you sacrafice the bait though :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. Sorry all to go off topic.

hiya Grobes.

My last decent ride resulted in us finding out that 100 mile an hour tape (holding farings together) is NOT Good for 220 k's an hour.
    So my farings have been slowly being repaired (and some other electrical shit.) I have been without out a bike for what seems like forever. Micks bike has only just come back from the hospital too.
    So all that coupled with me becoming a bit of a fair weather rider these days has kept me away. (for anyone that might wanna knock me for being a fair weather rider....dont bother, ive done my time!)
    But dont be feeling safe....I'll be back soon on my newly repaired and painted money pit.
  13. There is a bloke from work and his mate that are interested in coming along as well.

We should do the big charter boat thing.

What have you found out so far Bob?
  14. "100 mile = 160.9344 kilometer" its obvious you went to fast for the tape, but you probably know this now!! [​IMG]
  15. My mate owns a fishing charter in Port Albert. If your interested. They only take 6 people. It's a day trip only.
    Interested PM me and I will send you his email.