Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Any carbies that i can use???

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by fingers89, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Hey all,

I was just wondering for now, but are there any carbies i could use on my 250 bandit??? im thinking (if applicable) something like an older gsxr 600.
    Would that even work, and how hard would it be to set up due to the difference in size and everything else like that.

Also one more thing, would the extra power have any effect on the motors reliablity, i would of course get it tuned so it is running right, but just asking.

Thanks.

fingers89

2. Alot of the time people change the carbies not because they are bigger, but because they are more efficient.
    There is alot of issues relating to swapping carbs. Size? Fitment? Airbox size? Fuel levels etc.

is the bandit restricted by fueling? because if it wasnt i would suggest not to swap carbs because it will cause u more trouble for very little gain.

3. is the bandit restricted by fueling? because if it wasnt i would suggest not to swap carbs because it will cause u more trouble for very little gain.[/quote]

Off the top of my head i dont think so, it is a 93 model, so restricetd to 40 hp, and that is all internals. Now that you do mention it, the air box and all the peripherals were left out of my ideas. lol sorry guys.

I think i might give it a miss after all.

Fingers89

Delete this thread if possible.