Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Bravus, May 26, 2008.

1. There's a bit of road through Pullenvale on my commute in that's been undergoing major roadworks for at least 6 months, maybe more, and has a massive line of traffic every single morning.

Of course, for bikes that's no biggie - it's single lane, but there's a nice wide hard shoulder outside the white 'fog lane'. Probably slightly illegal, but it's not a breakdown lane, so it's fairly typical to cruise up there and get to the front.

But this morning they'd put 3 or 4 road work signs in that area so that they came right up to the white line. They'd be maybe 20 m apart, so it's possible to head up there but you have to drop back into the traffic every 20 yards to miss the signs.

Not sure whether they did it deliberately to stop bikes, or whether that was just where they wanted to put them and riders didn't enter their tiny minds.

PITA either way.

2. roadworks near my house put up those fluro orange poles down the middle of the road about 100M before any road works start, i practice slalom. maybe you should try that...
  3. Damn, you telling me that's NOT what they are for :cool:
  4. :shock: :rofl:

[/childish thoughts]
  5. yeah just make sure when you do this there is no cop car behind you :oops: or that he has a good sense of humor, and when he suggests to you that it looks like you were practicing your slow speed maneuvering that you agree :LOL: :wink:
  6. signs are to be placed as close as is safe and practical to the trafficked lane, outside the fogline. The fogline is the unbroken white line separating the lane from the shoulder.
    my guess is that their traffic control plan was being/had just been audited and had been corrected :)
  7. Ktulu mate, you never fail to deliver... thats just gold!