Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anti-Collision motorcycles

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Jul 6, 2009.

1. I'm sure I haven't seen this posted yet, but THIS http://snipurl.com/lyuc7 appeared, of all places, on the PC Authority web-site!

2. The infa red display in the helmet seems like it should be a bit distracting
  3. Oh I'm sure it'll be fine

4. Would great for riding on country/high-country roads after dark. Not having to strain your eyes so much looking out for roos or wombats crossing the road would be a blessing.

Would also be great around north melbourne at night time to help avoid those hipsters who like wearing all-black clothing on all-black bicyles without so much as a reflector on the back (let alone a flashing safety light).
  5. Reminds me of Terminator.

I'll Be Back! :twisted:
  6. Yes that frame from terminator also reminded me of terminator :]
    Shame there are no actual pics in the article
  7. Handy for picking up those snipers hiding in bushes with handhelds armed and ready. :wink:
  8. It's probably better to have anti-collision riders.
  9. That was my thought when I read the title of the thread too. :wink:
  10. Yeh, all those damn lazy riders who cant be bothered to open their eyes and see the infrared spectrum. :LOL:
  11. Hang on...

12. I stopped there and thought, Internal combustion engine??! That's so 2004!
  13. Can't deny it's a standard ;).

I've been thinking lately, how hard would it really be to make a DIY solution? Cheap webcams can pick up the infrared system, then you could just buy a $200 eeePC to run the camera and display the video.