Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anthony Gobert Banned

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 2wheelsagain, May 16, 2008.

1. MOTORCYCLE star Anthony Gobert has been banned from central Surfers Paradise after an alleged 'crime rampage' - including the robbery of a 70-year-old man.

Police alleged that on Tuesday, he snatched two $20 notes from the hand of a 70-year-old man at a Coles supermarket checkout in Surfers Paradise.

The following day, he allegedly snatched a woman's purse on the streets of Surfers.

In his racing heyday, Gobert had a penchant for dying his hair weird and wonderful colours, but appeared in court with his head shaved.

Courier Mail Yesterday
  2. What a goose...
  3. Well, that's just sad ! :cry: Damn, he could ride a bike. I remember World Supers at PI when he was on the under-developed Bimota in the wet and smoked everyone. :eek:
  4. Awwww, not this shit again? I thought he was getting his act together?
  5. Sad, sad story. Saw it in the Courier-Mail this morning with a picture, and it's just really sad to see someone with that level of talent reduced to grabbing cash out of the hands of pensioners. Blame the drugs, blame his own bad choices, realise that a divine talent on a bike doesn't make for a divine person... but it's still sad.
  6. Hey, if he's not using it, can I have his riding talent? :LOL: :LOL:

And I thought he had a good job testing race bikes for AMCN.
  7. I doubt if it was financially driven, booze could have been a factor...
  8. That's Alex Gobert. :wink:
  9. This is incredulous. The guy still had a reasonable career in the state after has was booted from world supers (from what I understand). Whilst he shouldn't be rich, he should at least be comfortable.
  10. What a shame. He won't be taking money to buy drugs, would he?
  11. Poor Anthony belongs in the long queue of "should-have-beens" who wasted their undoubted talent on self-indulgence, despite the best efforts of those around them :(.
  12. +1
    along with a few other would-be sporting heroes :roll:
  13. How's Alex doing?
  14. At least now he has a slightly better story to try and sell to ACA/TT.
    Or maybe he'll hold out for the "Product/Religion/New Age therapy X saved my life" angle.
  15. Had a factory ride with Aprilia in the motards last year.
  16. Yeah, I agree with Bravus. Anthony could have been a world champion, but he chose to become another drug f!@#$% dickhead. He got busted not long ago in Sydney trying to flog drugs. The habit must be getting expensive to stoop as low as he has.
    What a wasted talent!.

Tex & Bundy
  17. Yeah, he did waste his talent. What a shame.
  18. Depends what he is spending his money on?
  19. #19 Justus, May 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  20. Thanks for the link mg... not to see goey looking like a fool, but cause on the same page there was video of the '96 WSB from Phillip Island. Those last couple of laps between slighty and goey is some of the best racing I've ever seen... I remember watching it live at the time running around my lounge room like an idiot! For those that remember, that was a fantastic season. If memory serves me, Goey put on a similar display of backing it in like a maniac at Brands Hatch. Such a shame to see what has become of the man even mick doohan described as the the rider with the most god given talent he had ever seen. Hopefully he can pick himself up off the floor and make something of the rest of his life.