Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another "Why does Word do this" example

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by pvda, May 5, 2006.

1. The following was just e-mailed to me by a mate (yes I still have one or two left).

Not even Bill Gates can explain this one.
    Now we know why we have so many unexplained problems with Microsoft!!!

Open a Word document and type:
    = rand (200,99)

Press Enter and wait 5 seconds.

P.S. remember to type it exactly as is above

So do any of you propeller heads out there why it does it...........

2. I can't even do this at my crappy work...they cut back on everything...pay, equipment and software...stuck with OpenOffice.

3. I've been using that for ages when I need to fill a page with text for printer testing..

=rand(5)

will get you 5 paragraphs of "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

=rand(18) will get you a full page of text with Times New Roman 10.. :wink:

4. Ive been trying to remember that code for ages. you wouldnt believe how useful that is ;)

5. http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Formatting/DummyText.htm

6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(virtual)

7. I love this quote...
    Because the CEO is expected to be sifting through lines of code to ascertain why something behaves in a particular way

8. it's as if Bill sat down and wrote the code himself, and in fact writes all the code for all the Windows Apps.

9. sif bill ever wrote anything, he's an accountant, why do you think he has all the money :LOL:

10. Ever tried creating a folder in windows called "con"?

Won't work.

11. Yeah it will, you just have to use the full URL name (except ms uses the wrong slashes)
    :wink:

12. i code easter eggs all the time in my apps

sometimes mini games
    mostly developer credits

13. Actually, in the early days at least, he was well known for doing exactly that! And the responsible programmer was likely to arrive in the morning to find a rather nasty email from the always tactful BG. :)