Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another VL250 lover

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by GADGET, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Big hi to all, just started riding again after a short 47 year break,had to raise some littl'ns and keep a lovely wife happy but decided if I don't get another bike now I never will.The last bike I had was a late 40's or early 50's Triumph.
    I just got a 2000 model VL 250 Intruder because it still has the twin pipes,been covering a few k's and it's all coming back to me.
    Really love the bike and don't imagine I will ever need a bigger one as she does all I need,I'd still like to die of old age if possible.
    Love this forum, very helpfull.Cheers.

2. Welcome back to riding. (y)

47 year break, eh? That is one long break but as they say, better late than never.

Ride safe.
  3. Thanks Lazy,I still have the fire and passion so I'll ride till it dies or I do,what the hell,you really do only live once so after 47 years of living on the safe side my wife and kids understand how important it is for me to now do my thing, I've been good for so long it hurts,lol,Cheers
  4. Welcome Bob, where abouts are you based?
  5. I am in Adelaide, sorry somehow didn't put it in my info.:)
  6. Thanks Chris, I'm in Adelaide,S.A. just updated my info,
  7. Just trying to get a pic on,lol.
  8. try the pic again Bob, and welcome to NR :)
  9. got it ,lol, bit slow at this stuff.must be the age.
  10. Thanks Goddie,my bike is 10 years old but still like new,I love it,
  11. No, you need a few posts before the forum will allow photos to be posted. It is an anti spamming measure so don't think you are going nuts. :)
  12. Haha, all good now.