Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another 'un-rider' tars us all. 208 in a 100 zone

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Mouth, Aug 7, 2006.

1. http://www.theage.com.au/news/natio...00km-over-limit/2006/08/07/1154802785084.html

Motorcyclist clocked 100km over limit
    August 7, 2006 - 8:34AM

A motorcyclist has allegedly been caught riding more than 100km over the speed limit west of Brisbane.

Police today said the 19-year-old was photographed by a speed camera on the Cunningham Highway at New Chum, near Ipswich, travelling at 208kph in a 100kph speed zone on June 29.

A police spokesman said light rain was falling at the time of the alleged offence.

The rider has since been identified and interviewed by police and issued with a Notice to Appear for dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and unlicensed driving. (emphasis added by me)

He is due in the Ipswich Magistrates Court on September 1 to face traffic charges.

2. only one word to decribe this person... "idiot"

3. Plenty of licensed riders do it quite reguarly and then brag about it here,more to the point whether you have a license or not when you are are caught doing that speed is only a temporary technicality.

Where are those spur videos they seem so appropriate right now, someone post the links back up here maybe name the thread something like "A day in the Life of a Netrider!"

4. some times people need to learn the hard way. it took me 2 suspensions, one was for 1month (speeding in my car) then the other was a 6month (done on the bike). now ive easied off on my speeding habbits a great deal, too much of a hassel catching 2 buses and 2 trains to work when you dont have a licence.

though in saying that, there are times were i still flick the wrist to go around someone, avoid danger or race and i look down and it's on 3times the speed limit.

everyone speeds, its just a question of by how much.

5. lol
    You know you're in Sydney when Public Transport is more of a deterrent than gaol time :grin:

6. Scooter, at the risk of being argumentative, apart from the "How fast have you gone on your bike?" thread, I don't remember ANYONE doing 208 in a 100 zone and then coming on here and boasting about it.

Then again, I'm not on here very often, so maybe it did happen :p

7. YOU WHAT????!!!!! :rofl:

8. Am I dreaming......

9. What a response!!!

10. what ?, was he stuck in 4th gear ????

11. Another 'un-rider' tars us all.

I'm part of "all" and it doesn't tar me.

People read the paper and have a cry about bikes..Like i care what a bunch of people i dont know think [img:33:15:c4b78c0bda]http://home.iprimus.com.au/krussell1/ugh2.gif[/img:c4b78c0bda]

Deepwater is right.

12. That's dangerous ... they need to legislate a lower speed limit for unlicensed rider :grin:

13. yep, what you said.

14. You might care next time you go through perfectly good 100km/h stretch and suddenly find a f*** speed hump in the middle of it. It was put up there by a bunch of people you don't know, and justified by events like this one.

15. Nah never happen as long as the Gov coffers need to be feed,

16. True... so more likely instead of a speed hump they'll put up a short 40km/h zone and a speed camera on top of it.. even more annoying.

17. now ya talking

18. What exactly is a "100km/h" zone west of Brisbane ? He literally might have been back of Bourke when he got pinged.

I would say everyone I know that rides will have gone 200+ even for an instant when out in the middle of nowhere. Of course if it was on the M5 then yeah he is an idiot.

:)

19. You cant accidentally ride unlicensed. You cant accidentally ride at 200kmh on public roads. You cant accidentally miss the fact that it was raining. All proof that this rider is a moron with no respect for other road users who may be far less competent than himself. No respect for the law and little respect for himself. He'll get his 15 minutes of fame. Do it on the track if you're good enough.