Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another rider lost at Shepparton

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Bond Girl, Jun 26, 2005.

1. On the radio this morning a male rider lost control & hit a tree! Please be careful out there everyone, we've lost far too many!

Condolences to family & friends!

2. Condolences to family and friends.

3. Condolences & Sympathy to the family.

Still hate seeing these threads, think Netrider is becoming a Deaths Notice Board, and yes we need to be reminded of what can happen but not every day.

Maybe we need another link on the navigation bar, so if you want too know the rider downs just click on that.

Sorry but think this is bad news being thrown in your face.

4. Not again :cry: Condolences to all involved.Please be carefull out there weather you ride or drive.

5. Condolences to the family and friends. :(

6. Yeah, I'm in two minds about the posting of deaths, but on balance I think we should continue to do so. It brings out comradeship and compassion, and that's good in the dog-eat-dog selfish world we all live in. I guess we all hope that it serves as a warning, too, even though most of the postings seem to be of genuinely accidental deaths.

Condolences the the family and loved-ones of this latest casualty.

7. condolences and thoughts to family and friends.

8. Condolences to the family and friends!!!!

Maybe we need to start an Obituaries thread or 'Pay your respects' thread. It would be nicer than putting deaths in the general discussion thread. There has been so many lately :cry:

Keep safe people, it is a dangerous world out there!!

9. My condolences to his family and friends.

Be careful out there all ....

G

10. and more :|

i don't need to say it, but be careful people.

(from smh.com.au)

Motorcyclists die in weekend accidents
    June 26, 2005 - 8:24AM

A motorcyclist has been killed while riding on a trail through a four-wheel drive and motorcycle park in south-east Queensland.

Police said the male rider suffered critical injuries and died at the scene after being thrown from his machine at the Black Duck Valley course at East Haldon about 2.30pm (AEST) on Saturday.

Police said because the death occurred on private property it would not be considered part of the road toll.

Workplace Health and Safety officers were investigating.

In a separate motorcycle accident, a 49-year-old man died when his motorcycle and a small truck collided in north Queensland.

Police said the accident occurred at the intersection of University Road and Macarthur Drive in Townsville.

11. This is getting to be all too frequent, isn't it?

12. Condolences to all involved..

13. Is it motorcyclist season? I hope I never have to read about one of us having the final accident, it's bad enough reading about the offs we have.

Whoever you were, you're missed. :(

14. Very sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with the family.

Have to disagree with those who say we shouldn't be reminding them of the danger every day. This is exactly why we have to do it. Nobody should be going onto the road without being fully aware of how vulnerable they are. These sad reminders can, in the end , also do some good if it means riders are more aware.

15. Condolences to family and friends.

16. this is becoming to frequent. condolences to families and friends..

17. A real pity - as a relative newbie I am fast learning just how easy it could be to "loose the whole lot".

A bit of a downer but maybe we can learn from other's bad fortune??

18. Good call OC1.

Perhaps Netriders would like to share what gets us into the poo or how.

For me it's usually a lapse in concentration. Giving the task less than the 110% that's required. Worst cases have been running wide on a tight bend .. when judging whether the road lines are converging or not; I haven't been reading that fast enough.

19. The Townsville rider was Scope (Jemma's) father Lex Ogilvie!

Vale Lex Ogilvie!