Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another rider gone...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by sonja, Sep 25, 2006.

1. rider down

That's what I call a sad accident.

Rest easy, mate. :(

2. Read that in the paper this morning...

Rip Mate.

3. That does suck.

4. I would have been a crazy day to be riding Kangaroo Valley yesterday, but that can't change the grief of his family and loved ones.....

My condolences

5. ***k!

Not much you can do to avoid that :(

Poor dude.

6. Yeah, I didn't go out on the bike all weekend. I wasn't game enough because of the wind.

7. i wouldn't go walking in weather like that [ it was windy in canberra too? thats one hellova wind!]

every windy day, someone always gets done by a fallen branch. ALWAYS.

last one was in crows nest and the local council had reciently deemed the tree safe. they obviously weren't thinking of heavy wind. they never do.

8. Oh, they do. Just not always.

They took out a small gum tree outside our courtyard not too long ago. It tended to drop twigs onto the clothes line in wind, but it was never too bad. I'm kind of annoyed they took it out.

9. Saw this on the news the other night. Now THAT'S a freaky accident, poor bugger.

10. My condolences to the family and friends!

11. a bit risky to ride on a windy day don't you guy think? you never know what gona come at you.

but that was a sad accident

12. If we knew what was going to come at us, we'd probably do something to avoid it. It's risky to ride on sunny days, rainy days, foggy days, holidays, Thursdays - any day that ends in a 'Y'. Cow on the road, gearbox collapse or just the infamous SMIDSY - you still never know what's going to come at you. That's motorcycling. In fact, that's life.

Wherever he is, I hope he's having a good laugh. Plenty of riders have run into a tree, but how many have had a tree run into them?

RIP.

13. so i see what they say of chairman is true. he does write good posts.

sonja wrote

yeah, tis a pitty. when i showed a domestic helper my back yard she freaked when she saw the big gum tree in the middle. 'they're probably going to rip that up' she says 'who knows trees probably give off something we need'

'yeah, oxygen' i said

although she appears stupid, i think she's smart because there's a difference between being spoon fed an education and knowing something without being taught. [there's only so much you can say about trees]

14.  Top
  15. Well said!, RIP mate & condolences to the family!

16. Well said!, RIP mate & condolences to the family!

17. RIP champ...

18. What a lousy accident. RIP, and condolences to his family and friends.

19. Yep it was bad, although it was way to windy for me to be out there.
    RIP. Condolences to his family.

20. :LOL: Good point!

I have to admit I was out riding in the wind & came across a branch mid corner (already fallen). Windy days are hard riding, but it's my passion, my transport... Being on a bike full stop is a risk, but it's worth it to me.