Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another rider down... :(

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Smitty, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Motorbike rider killed in crash
    By Jesse Hogan the Age
    June 1, 2005 - 3:59PM

A 60-year-old motorcycle rider has died in a crash in south-west Victoria.

The man, from Warrnambool, was travelling along Shenfields Lane in Cobden when his bike collided with a Holden sedan about 1.30pm.
    Police and ambulance officers arrived soon after, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
    The occupants of the car, two men in their 20s, were taken to Camperdown Hospital with minor injuries.

Police are unsure how the incident occurred. Major Collision Investigation unit officers are travelling from Melbourne to try and determine the cause.

Shenfields Lane has been closed between Cobden-Port Campbell and Stoneyford roads, and will remain closed until the investigation is complete.

The death takes the state's road toll to 160 - level with this time last year.

My condolences :(
  2. Another brother down :(

My best wishes to the family and friends.

My thoughts are with them.

3. oh lord... my thoughts go out to his family.

stay safe people. :(
  4. Thoughts to family and friends . Every-one be carefull , that includes all the car , truck ,and bus drivers , and pushbike riders .
  5. flags at half mast :(
  6. *sigh*

7. Thoughts and wish's to family and friends
  8. My condolences to his family and friends
  9. 2 men in their 20's in a commodore & police are unsure how the accident with a 60 year old rider occurred!

Condolences to family & friends & please be extra careful out there folks, we've lost way too many!
  10. :cry: poor old fella,condolences to his friends & family. :cry:
    Geez,two 20 year olds in a commodore,im just mystified as to what caused the crash :roll:
  11. My best wishes to the family and friends.
  12. Condolences to family and friends. Ride safe everyone.
  13. Morning all.

Blame is irrelevant at the moment. THe police will do their job to the best of their abilities. Lets just be careful all, please.

To the family, I truly am sorry.

God bless, Mitch
  14. condolences to the family and friends.
    Agree with Mitch, cannot speculate on the cause, just have to wait for the boys and girls in blue to do their job.

Another one too many.
  15. no good,its not a good year for the two wheels
  16. I hate these posts :cry:

I dunno why, even tho I know I hate them, I still read them.

Agree with scumbag and skuffy, although it seems obvious we can't jump to conclusions.

Thoughts go to the riders family and friends, our thoughts are with you.

17. Sad news. Condolences to family and friends.

18. Condolences to all involved.
  19. Time out guys!

The road the accident occured on, is a VERY narrow (barely) single width back road.

The rider killed was known to ride VERY fast.

The two guys in the Commodore were LOCALS to that road.

It happened right on the crest of the hill - the car had it's wheels off the left side of the road (as you do, around here on those roads), and the bike smashed into it almost dead centre.

Take from that what you will.

Condolences to the family of the rider, and my deepest sympathy to the two riders riding behind him, and also to the two young men who had no-where to go. :(

ETA: The young men in the car received minor injuries, the bike exploded (nobody here in the S.E.S. etc has ever seen a bike disintegrate to such an extent).