Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another rider dies in Brisbane

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by heregoes, May 20, 2006.

1. An acquaintance of mine died last night in a head on collision with a car; the car was on the wrong side of the road. This week everyday somewhere around Brisbane there has been another bike accident that has resalted in at least serious hospitalisation. What the F*$# is going on in Brisbane, are the drivers up here just so dam bad! I am starting to think twice about commuting in to work and leaving the riding for the weekend right out of town!

2. Heartfelt condolences to all concerned :(
  3. Sorry to hear it. :(
    I'm curious as to where it happened.. I live in Springwood, I read the poice report but they didn't say where on the service road it happened

A lot of my friends have been hurt lately :(
  4. Yeah I live on paradise rd and heard about it I want to know where it happened on the service rd also
  5. just proves that we gotta be real careful out there guys

take it easy stay safe
  6. Ok I was just out and I think I spotted where it happened , there are lines,sand and burn marks out the front of a car yard on daisy hill side of the highway .I got a very sad feeling being there very sorry it happened and it just seems to be getting worse .
  7. Very sorry to here this. As I said in a previous post, brissy riders are getting hammered at the moment. Everyday I seem to here about another bike crash.

My heart goes out to the riders friends and family.

Keep it rubber side down guys and please be careful!
  8. thoughts and prayers with all affected :( I live near grand plaza
  9. Sorry to hear this. Dam scary for all of us.
  10. I've actually been more and more reluctant to lane filter the past few days, I've been cut off, shouted at and basically harassed in the past few weeks... I've even been run off the road intentionally on the Centenary Highway, such a shame I didn't get the licence plate, it was a dirty old red AE82 Corolla... Brissy drivers are getting narky at brissy riders :(

Hope everyone else stays safe and that the cage drivers calm down a bit :(
  11. Very sorry for your loss :(

take care out there....
  12. I was on a ride today, passing a car, heaps of room, he veers over into my lane as i'm going past.. I gun it out of the way, and i look back and he's all over the road.

He pulls up where I do, obviously tourists, I very nicely ask him to be more careful, and he apologises.