Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Another race track in NSW?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by zx9er, Jun 2, 2013.

1. I've heard rumours of another road race track in the pipeline for NSW. Has anyone heard about this? It would be good to have some competition for eastern creek. There prices have been a little exorbitant since oran park closed down.

2. No idea how true it is, but someone (can't remember who) was mumbling that they are back talking about a permanent circuit at Bathurst again.

3. Are you thinking of Motorcycle NSW's plans for Shoalhaven?

4. As much as I love the idea of another track, I have no hope in it every happening......thers way too many roadblocks for this to happen. It seems like every year or two thers another plan/DA for a track, and never really go anywhere.

5. I agree it seems that liability is killing anything fun these days.
    Plus add to that the fact that racing is becoming like the dinosaur for the eco hipster pop culture mainstream.

6. Isn't there a track happening down near Wagga?

7. They had plans for one near Raymond Terrace (just north of Newcastle) for years. Bought the land but I think it stalled with just a Hillclimb put in.

Have heard about one proposed on the Central Coast. Apparently a complex that would include a Speedway track.

8. Then theres another one near Penrth

9. There is also Wakefield Park which I'd forgotten about probably because it has changed hands so often.

10. ???
    It hasn't changed hands that often.
    It has had 3 owners in its 20 year history; I wouldn't call that often. Paul Samuels was the founder, Gary Willmington (who now own/runs Marulan Driver Training Centre) owned it for a quite a while and now the Benalla Auto Club (who also own Winton Raceway) own and run it.

11. Are we talking about current tracks or proposals?

12. There is a proposal before the Wagga City council for a training facility/race track. However, don't get too excited, Wagga has a reputation for knocking such things on the head, but not before the 'developer' has spent a few thousand dollars and DA's.

I hope I'm wrong, I really would love to have race track on my door step, but I'm not holding my breath.

13. That's the one! I thought I'd heard about one near Sydney!

I knew about the one at Wakefield Park. I'd like to go there actually but I've heard about it having a poor surface... still I love Oran Park and that had the surface join thing going just before that cool little over bridge thingy.

I really hope luddenham goes ahead! How cool would that be!

14.  Top
  15. That's the one! I thought I'd heard about one near Sydney!

I knew about the one at Wakefield Park. I'd like to go there actually but I've heard about it having a poor surface... still I loved Oran Park and that had the surface join thing going just before that cool little over bridge thingy.

I really hope luddenham goes ahead! How cool would that be! :peace:

16. That's the one! I thought I'd heard about one near Sydney!

I knew about the one at Wakefield Park. I'd like to go there actually but I've heard about it having a poor surface... still I loved Oran Park and that had the surface join thing going just before that cool little over bridge thingy.

17. That's the one! I thought I'd heard about one near Sydney!

18. That's the one! I thought I'd heard about one near Sydney!

19. That's the one! I thought I'd heard about one near Sydney!