Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another QLD Noob

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by TUF_033, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Hi all,

been reading your forums for a while now and the hints and tips are just awesome. I took delivery of my 04 CBR600RR last friday and did a Q ride course on the weekend. Q ride made me feel a little better, but im still a nervous wreck... ive ridden other road bike for maybe a whole 5 mins over the last few years other then that its all been dirtbikes and its a whole different ball game.

My nerves are easing slowly but i think the self presavation thing just keeps kicking in, which is wierd as i am heavily into drag racing (cars) and the faster the go the bigger the thrill, but it doesnt ever stop be from wanting to push it further where as on the bike im flat out going round corners at half the speed limit.

After readiing more and more and talking to more friends as i initially thought i think all things will come with time and practice.

But yeah i live in brissy so hopefully ill get to meet up with some of you in the near future.

2. Hurro! Yes, when I first got on a bike I was even reluctant to go past 60km/h, but you soon get used to it and now I can ride on the highway doing the speed limit without thinking too much about it...
  3. i was in a similar situation where i had only ridden trail bikes. but getting out on the road is some much fun now i have a some practice.
  4. thanks guys. Yeah i went for a really long ride last night, and it all seems to be coming together. For the first time i actually started looking around more and concentrated less on finding things on the bike... I was starting to think i had made the wrong decision in purchasing a bike, but its all starting to get alot better.
  5. "This one's hooked. NEXT!"

6. hahaha yep pretty much!
  7. Hi TUF_033 , welcome .
  8. Hi there TUF! :D

Message is not too short. :x
  9. Hey Tuf, nice Bike!

I'm in the same boat with my bike...waaay too much bike for me but I'm gonna have fun growing into it :D

10. hey johnny :)