Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another post of a spill.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by natta, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Well this is a post on another spill. So if ur tired of reading these posts, stop now.

Well lovely wheather today. Nice and sunny. So decided to had a little spin. Went up to kinglake and then down chum creek rd to healsville.
    Was having a great time, untill on chum creek rd were some crazy lady driving a red Barina coming the other direction cut 3/4 of my lane around a corner. ARHHHHH :furious: .
    So what happened next is kind of sketchy. I missed the car but hit all this dirt and leaves on the side of the road. So lost it, and slid the bike and myself down the road and into a hill at about 90kmh. WAS NOT FUN! Was so pissed off, and to add to that the lady didnt stop. ARHHHHHHHHH

So passer by helped me out, and i rode into healsville.

Well the bike now has damage, mostly cosmetic. RHS and front fairing damage. and a bent and broken rear brake lever. ETC.

Lucky was wearing proper gear, thank goodness for body armour. So i am all good, and will be back.

2. Bugger, sorry to hear mate. :(

I can't imagine not stopping after something like that. Lets just hope that a large *insert something heavy and sharp* falls from the sky upon that little red barina !!

Glad you are OK and hope the bike isn't to bad (ish).
  3. The seventh circle of hell is reserved for people who fail to stop at the scene of an accident.
  4. soory to hear that...
  5. uurrhh!

i hate people who don't stop! there's no excuse. if they think the mean motorcyclist will bash em up then they watch too many movies and they're too stupid to drive.

a starving rat up all their arses [as said by moe]
  6. Wasn't there another thread about a crazy red barina driving chick up that way?
  7. Good to see you're still well enough to be typing natta... I must have been heading out that way when you msg'd me today. Had some white hatch take half my lane on Myers Creek Road today I was going slowly enough to let him through... he seemed to be in a hurry to anywhere but back to his own lane.

Damn cagers... must you be ass hats out of congested traffic too.
  8. Thanks for all the kind replies. Had a proper look at the bike, and the only real thing that needs to be replaced is the rear brake bracket.
    Hope to get it back on the road ASAP.
  9. Was that the same p plater barina that terrorised hornet???

Sorry to hear about the spill! holy shit, that could have been a whole lot worse... like a head on!

Make sure you report it to the local cops. If this is a pattern, then they'll put it together... they probably wont act on an individaul report though.

Hope the aches and pains and broken bike bits mend quickly.
  10. That suck, but it is good to hear that you are ok.
  11. Glad to hear you'r ok!
  12. Is it just me or does anyone else get one step closer to converting their road bikes to track bikes everytime they read one of these threads?

Anyway, sorry to hear about the off. May fleas infest the armpits and groin of the driver who failed to stop, and may the magical motorcycle repair fairy's do great things to your experienced* RGV250. :wink:

*experienced = crashed.
  13. Reading these sort of posts makes me want to go out and put crash and roll bars on my bike. :) :grin: :)
  14. Oh Natta, I don't know how you're typing away... you must be a toughy. I'm guessing the driver was so off with the fairies she probably doesn't even know you came off. Probably got home and wondered how she got there ... on auto-pilot.
  15. Anyone even consider the driver didn't see the rider had come off?

You've all assumed so far the driver was aware of the incident, and chose to drive off.

Victim mentality? :roll:

Glad to hear you're OK natta.
  16. Glad to hear you are ok, and you walked any from what sounds like a hard drop & hit.
  17. The driver *should have* been aware that the rider came off... given that she was in his lane and he has to have gone close to her car, then dropped it very close behind her. Likely she wasn't, but it's a stretch to call saying she should have been 'victim mentality', IMO.

And it seems unlikely to have been the same P-plater as in the earlier incident, since that was a young woman and I... OK, my mind had totally conjured the words 'old lady' into the OP, but looking back I see they're not there, so maybe it was...
  18. S##tty luck, the bad karma fairy will take care of her.
  19. bugga..... hey it wouldnt have happened if you had come on the road trip ;)

hope you and the bike heal up swiftly :)