Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another parking question

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Justin Stacks, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Just wondering how many of you pay or if anyone has gotten caught for not paying, when parking in car parks where there are boom gates to get in and out.

I'll usually grab a ticket to get in and if you're out within a couple of hours most of the time it's free, but I usually see guys just ride around the boom gates. Is it possible to get caught after the fact by the cameras? Or would they even bother wasting time looking at the tapes?
  2. All going to come down to how much money the carpark is losing from bikes riding around the boom gates (or how greedy they are). Unless they've made specific provision for bikes in terms of separate parking spots and/or signs indicating they're free then it's no different to cars which tailgate to get through booms without paying.
  3. Last time I rode to Westpoint Blacktown, the ticket machine said I'd stolen the ticket and to report to the office. I LOL'd as I rode around the boomgate.
  4. yeah at Broadway Shopping Centre the first time I went I tried to get a ticket but it wouldn't give me one (weight sensor I think). Just go around the gates now. And they've even put in some special spots for us now!!!
  5. Same for me. I used to go grocery shopping at Broadway but the gate never recognised the bike so I just rode around the boom gates, never an issue.