Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another one bites the dust

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Goldenberri, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Today I lose L plate and the Victorian mandated hi viz vest as I passed my license test.

Back in May, I posted (double posted in fact) that I had already planned for a ceremonial burning of the vest when the time came. I promised that I would dance around the petrol induced flames and today I deliver on that promise.

I would have burnt my L plate as well, but I left it with all the other gratefully signed L plates that adorn the Rider Bros wall.

Best Day Ever.
    • Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Funny Funny x 5
  2. Congrats!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Congrats on passing.

I'm going to go for mine soon at rider bros as well and was just wondering if you have any tips and hints on passing, what was involved in the test and did you use their bike or yours?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GoldenberriGoldenberri that is freakin awesome - congratulations and well deserved!!!! I do love a good ceremonial burning!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks guys!

milkmanmilkman these guys are so cool, just listen to them and if you've done some k's there's no reason it should be too hard. I did mark out the course and do some practice before hand though. They are uber cool. Also, I used their bikes, but I must say that my first bike was a CB125E and I felt right at home! Good luck and make sure you let us know how you go.

PeonyPeony it felt so good to get rid of that thing. Thank you!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yippedy yahoooo! Good for you GoldenberriGoldenberri and well deserved. :D
    Enjoy your new non-high viz status.
    Did you dance clockwise or anticlockwise? ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nice arse
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Well done GoldenberriGoldenberri.
    How many bottles are to follow the burning ?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. None Stever42Stever42 . I can't drink unfortunately. But hey! Lots of chocolate! :D
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Not even a bottle of the finest Appletise ? Remember, when riding it's important to remain hydrated.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. You've got the fire, try smore's
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. #13 Fr33dm, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    All that resolve and "kick arse" attitude did pay off ;) Congratulations Beautiful, you truly deserve this!

I was quietly confident all day, just felt good about your test. But thank you for your text earlier that put me out of my misery, as keeping fingers and toes crossed for hours is not the most comfy state to work in :)
    • Like Like x 4
  13. It's so great being able to have a fire. I should try the smore's!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Damn beat me to it.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. Fr33dmFr33dm I hit that phone so fast, I'm sure there were some auto correct beauties. Thank you gorgeous girl. Meet you in the middle! :cat:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mmmm ill be there
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Congrats Goldenberri!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. How much does it cost these days if you don't mind me asking?
  19. what the chocolate / or to have a nice arse?
    • Funny Funny x 1