Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another Old, newbie to Netrider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by JeffC, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Hi all,
    Im Jeff and back on the bike for the past 5 years after the judge put me off 30yrs ago. Back then it was the Kawasaki 750 triple (2stroke). Now its a VFR800, how things have changed... bikes actually want to stop.. and go around corners without the frame flexing. Just thought I'd say hi to everyone.

2. Hey Jeff, I bet you could share some memories of the old Widow-Maker with the younger riders here :LOL:

{For younger readers, this is the beast in question, in a motorcycle museum in Tamworth}

Some years ago I photographed a mint 750 Triple hiding in a garage in Sydney; it was for sale too, but I doubt I'd have been brave enough to ride it; my RD-350 two-stroke was scary enough back in '75.....

A big welcome to Netrider.
  3. Welcome. Jeff
  4. Welcome, mate.

I owned the 500 triple in the '70's, was never brave enough to
    upgrade to the widowmaker, the 500 was SCARY....
  5. Welcome Jeff... I am a retread as well... currently riding a 750 but I too remember the 70s and my Yamaha RD 350!!... Those were indeed great times when safety wasn't much thought of or spoken of... Had two mishaps and luckily walked/crawled away both times as a result of STUPID mistakes. A bit wiser now!
  6. Thanks Hornet, Rookie,Hawklord and Vossy53..
    I've been looking through the site for a while, thought it was about time I said something..

The old days eh... Nothing like going around the Kew Blvd with the frame flexing like a banana underneath you..ahhh the memories... real happy thats what they are..

Thanks Gents...Jeff
  7. welcome mate
  8. Welcome Jeff and a damn good choice of steed you now have too!

9. Welcome Jeff

30 years is a long time off the bike, you must have been a bad bad man.

10. G'Day Jeff .. always room for more old farts .. I can say that cause I'm old enough to remember riding a spanking Honda 750four a couple of months after my mate bought it brand new off the floor.

Got me worried though mate .. my names Jeff and my last name starts with a C .. and yes it has more than 4 letters.
  11. Thanks All... yes 30 years is a long time.. and no.. i wasn't THAT bad..haha, just did the family thing now its time to get back to it.
    CFVFR.. thanks.. it does everything I want it to do and uses little fuel doing it.. I have the 02 VTEC model.

Nobby... people can spell my surname since a vampire has the same name... and NO i'm no relation... haha... amazing that young'uns can't realize ITS A TV SHOW!!!!

Thanks again for the warm welcome's..
  12. Welcome, Jeff! :D
  13. Hi Jeff and welcome to NR