Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another old(er) Sydney newbie!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by speedkick, Oct 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Tomorrow's the day of the Pre-Learner Course! First time ever on a motorcycle in my 41 years :)

I'll try not to ask too many (silly) questions without searching first, this site is really good for us beginners.

Although I am looking forward to looking at new bikes later in the month - pending a good result at the RTA Computer Screen!

• Like Like x 1
  2. never too old mate :)

better to get licence and a bit of practice in before the "Buy a big shiny bike" hormones kick in :p
    fwiw, all the questions are available from some site or other, and then you know all the answers before you go in

3. Only a young fella! :)

Good luck with the test. It is all easy so just relax and enjoy.

4. Welcome to NR

5. welcome to Netrider and life on two wheels speedkick! (y) (you wont look back!)

6. Mate, stop calling yourself old at 41 - maybe when you hit 70-80 I'd call myself old - at 30 you're becoming a man and at 40 you are a man - otherwise welcome to the best feeling on earth (well..khmm) - riding a motorbike! :)

7. Welcome to Netrider - never too old to start - I did my Oz licence aged 40.

8. Welcome mate. Not too old. And no such thing as a stupid question when you're a noob at something - better to ask and get the answer than not know and (in this case) fall off somewhere for some simple and totally avoidable reason. Have fun perving at all the bikes, try ride a heap of them to see what style suits you best. Don't skimp on protective gear and don't buy a helmet online unless you've tried it on at a shop first to make sure that exact model fits you!

9. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Well first day done and not too bad, a couple of stalls initially but didn't drop it! Sequential gears may take a bit of getting used to.

Looking forward to tomorrow, bit more riding and hopefully be able to relax on the bike and smooth it out a bit.

• Like Like x 1