Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another noob

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by nina, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Hey there,

I have been reading in this forum for a few weeks now and thought I might introduce myself and maybe be more than just a silent reader.

I got my learners only a month ago, a few days later I purchased my beloved Honda Spada (named Heidi). I have to admit, that I thought it would be harder at the beginning. But after just a one day learners course, I had my licence in my pocket and was ready to start learning on my own. Regularly riding a pushbike helped a bit, I guess :)
    I was also surprised when I found out how much fun it actually is!!

So far no regrets, and heaps of fun. Can't believe it took me so long to get my licence.
    Luckily Heidi is a patient girl and teaches me something new every day. By now I am finally not getting nervous anymore when having to start off on a steep hill :)

2. Welcome to NR and to the fascinating world of the motorcycles.

Try to come down to the Saturday learner sessions at St Kilda.

3. Wecome to the NutHouse 8-[ !!!

And what he said ^^^

4. Welcome Nina

Doesn't matter how long it takes to get your licence, just get out there and have fun.

5. Welcome Nina :)

6. Hi Nina, great that you shared your story with us I am going to 40 at the end of the year and I am going for my learners on Saturday so it's never to late. Hopefully all going well I will be riding around in a couple of months myself and can go along to the Saturday morning and meet some of the good people on this forum including yourself:).

7. Hi Nina, great to see another lady rider on board NR. You did really well to get your licence in one day (it took me quite a lot longer than that :)) Keep up the great work, and ride on!

8. Learner sessions at St Kilda?
    Sounds brilliant, where do I find more info about that?

Haha well one day to get the Learners. Don't know when I'm brave enough to go for the next big test ;)

9. Look at the start and end of this thread

I'm not sure if it is still held at the same location as the first post in 2010, I suggest you ask in the thread. Also if you say where you are coming from, there's a good chance you can find someone to ride with you on the way there and back.

And welcome to NR!! :)

10. Already found it :)
    Thanks!

11. Hi Nina, and welcome to another female rider....... :cool:

12. #12 OzzyDevil, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    For your lic I would try and do it after the 3 months remember u will still have to be on it for 12 months then u can ride any bike u want.. Well that's what I plan to do anyway.. And welcome to NR and yeah get down to Sat Prac too..

13. Hey Nina, welcome from one noob to another.

14. Welcome - from one lady rider to another :)

15. Thank you for all the warm welcomes!
    You make me somehow wonder though whether the gender is important :p

16. It certainly is important, the different genders are what makes life interesting.

It just doesn't matter when it comes to riding bikes.

Welcome aboard

Oh...and if any of the guys ask if you are hot, they aren't asking if you need a cold shower, so just send them off to the naughty corner

17. All NetRiders are hot, that's why they are so good at warm welcomes :)

18. Nice one =D>