Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

another noob

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by chappy, Nov 27, 2009.

1. hai guys

just joined the forums this week so could join a ride, should probably take the time say hi to everyone else. Hi everyone!

got my license about 2 months ago, picked up an '06 vtr 250 about 2 weeks before that, its red. have been commuting (5mins in and out of Brisbane city) for about a month now and starting to get a bit of confidence. am already splitting lanes like boss! which i didnt really expect so soon
    um, thats about it for now :D

stay classy
  2. Hi, Im from Brisbane too! So you are riding in the inner city traffic, thats something I havent dared do yet!
  3. Welcome to the cult!

er.. I mean forum :)

I've been trying to convince my housemate to get a VTR250 as he just got his license too, but alas he is hellbent on having a ducati monster (yet doesn't want to pay extra)

will be seeing you on the ride this weekend..
  4. welcome bud
  5. Hi elf!
    i dont find City traffic is really that bad, definitely a lot more bearable cutting through it on a bike than being stuck in a car

Thanks guys :beer:

I cant say anything bad about the vtr, but I would imagine the extra kick of the monster would be nice, probably sound a little better too haha
    Pumped about the weekend ride
  6. =D>

7. Welcome!

Likewise, I don't find City traffic all that bad. Just REALLY need to be alert. I live on the Northside and my ride is about 30-35minutes.