Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another Noob Question......

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by s050399b, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On page 10 of the VicRider Handbook, it says lane splitting is illegal; however I have seen many and everyone does that on the freeway to Westgate bridge; especially when traffic is not moving or slowing down (less than 40km/hr).

Should I be doing lane splitting? Or ride in the emergency lane, which looks safer, no1 is actually using it.

2. #2 smee, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  3. Oh no! Not another moderator.....

okok, I'm going to use the search function..........and if I don't find it answer my particular question, I'm going to come back here to post ok?

4. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Total experience of 5 hours on a bike, never been above 20km/h and you're asking about whether you should be splitting? :?

The answer is NO. Do not split. Do not ride in the e-lane. Infact, do not even go anywhere near a highway or freeway.

Actually, do not even get anywhere near even quiet suburban street that has any level of traffic until you can at least take off without stalling and you've got the most basic of basic bike competencies sorted.

5. Okay......

that's not possible........maybe I will have more practice with the boys in the neighborhood before going to the highway?

It's a scooter

which is the ones u mentioned in the other thread? Okay I will google it later, I need to read about the lane splitting which I did a search on, I have like 10 more tabs to go~

6. Time to pull your head in and stop trolling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.