Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

another newie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by cokeaddict, Sep 1, 2011.

1. G'day all,
    Just wanted to share my passion for riding and found this great site.
    I have ridden bikes from the age of 4. my first ride was a yamaha mini enduro 60cc. She was a great bike. Had her for 10 years.

Then in 1981 I purchased a brand new IT175H for a cash price of $1250.00 off the showroom floor, this was the best bike I've ever owned by far. i sold it in 2010 for $3500.00. It still had the original front tyre on it. She was fantastic. Never let me down and started first kick every time.

In 2006 i bought a second hand xvs650, this was fun. joined a club and started cruising. I still have it but its for sale as i have just purchased an XVS1300A.

Now this thing is awsome. I am very impressed with its freeway performance. Shame Yamaha didnt rethink its gearing for city riders but hey, open her up and hang on. very nice cruiser.
    I hope to catch up with some of you guys over time and enjoy your company on rides. Until then...ride safe

2. Welcome Angelo, sat morn prac sessions in car park behind BP servo right next to St Kilda Marina, drop i and say hi, a few cruiser riders roll up, compare notes.
  3. Yeah, you'll probably need an early start to get there from NSW though...

..and welcome!
  4. lol my bad, well there are prac sessions in Sydney too !!
  5. Welcome to NR Angelo. and as you can see were a friendly lot. Even in Melbourne :p
  6. Welcome to NR, Angelo.

I'm a proud (& very happy) owner of a XVS650 ATM. Already clocked up 10400 KMs on it in the last 4 and a 1/2 months.
  7. ANOTHER SVX-addict :LOL:

welcome, Angelo :)
  8. G'Day all! I'm also another noob on these forums. Rather than start another thread, i'll just hijack Angelo's :)

I live in Jindabyne and I just bought a KLR 250. I'm new to riding, and I can't wait for it to warm up so I can get out on the bike.
  9. Karen, you are more than welcome to start your own thread.

In fact, thats what the welcome lounge is for.

and welcome to NR. :D