Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another newby saying hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by blue_mini, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Hey everyone,
    I found this forum a few days ago, been lurking since then and decided to join. Just like to say hi and hoping to get some advice on what to do.

Im going to get my learners licence in the next few days. And i'm wondering what the best path to take is, through QRIDE or other training places.

What bike would suit me the most, im 18, weigh about 65kgs, and about 175cm tall. I'm looking for a 250 that goes well but still isnt overly expensive. Had a brief look at the kawasaki 250 Ninja, but a bit pricey for a first bike. I welcome all opinions.

Thanks, Joe

2. Hey, welcome!

Not being in QLD cant comment on the trainers.

But about the bike ... I'll stick to personal experience ... a ZZR250 is a good bike to learn on. Its fully faired though so if you stack it'll cost more to fix than a naked.

There is so much choice out there in general you will have to go have a look and try to narrow it down. Sit on em in dealers and see how they feel .. you'll find some feel better than others and you find you like the look of some. Just about any 250 would be good .. you need to find out what feels good and you feel looks like you :-k . If you know anyone that rides take em along for sure!

Lastly do a search here on NR .. you'll find lots of "whch bike" threads that will give you a lot of info and recommendations.

Cheers

3. Welcome! Lots of good things are said about Honda VTR 250s, as you'll find if you search. Would definitely be worth a look.

4. Thanks for the tips, i'd had a bit of a look at the ZZR250 just on the net and the VTR 250 would also suit what i need. Now just a case of saving and telling my parents sometime.
    Once again thanks heaps for the help.

Joe

5. Welcome to NR Joe
    :biker:

6. wot ^ 'e said :LOL:

7. Hello Joe, welcome to Netrider. The VTR is a ripper learner bike.

8. Hey Joe,

Welcome to NetRiders. Enjoy the ride...

Damian.