Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Jacquieea, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Hi from sunny queensland! I have always wanted to ride - took me 15 years of marriage to convince hubby it was a good idea that I could have a bike to ride with him. Got my baby beautiful GS500F and ride for a couple of months before I got the confidence to go for my Ps. No problems! With much joy, I passed and hubby and I planned a midweek escape to some lovely roads in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. I was nervous my first real twisty roads, so we went out for some cornering practice to make me feel better. All was great! I was really getting the grin as a nailed a few tight turns. Riding home, I got distracted :( saw a roo beside the roundabout and eyed him off rather than watching where I was going.
    In the end: midweek escape cancelled. ( unless you count staying in hospital) broken wrist and battered confidence
    My baby is written off. Roo=1 newbie rider =0

Must say though - it's great when the ed staff and the surgeon who plated and nailed me back together all offer to take me shopping for my new ride and get my confidence back :)

2. Welcome! Sorry to hear that you've been through a pretty rough experience right at the start of your riding career. Get back on a bike when you can and you'll find you'll be sharper, more determined and focussed.

However, dare I say, Husband =1 wife=0 =D
  3. You could be right @DarrylD@DarrylD funny thing is he was totally anti bikes before meeting me... Got him on a Scooter gave him the bug now he is totally addicted. Needless to say the scooter is long term history and there has been 3 bikes since.
  4. Bummer about your bike and yourself but was the surgeon hot?
  5. Lol surgeon isn't hot and he is married with kids and I work at the same place Can you imagine the gossip
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. indeed lol.....