Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another newbie saying hi

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by happy.grl, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Howdy

I've been lurking for a whil & thought it was about time to join and shout out a quick hello.

It's my first time on two wheels, at least since I was 10 and crashed my pushie into a car down a hill :shock: (don't ask), so I decided to start with a scooter (Bella 125cc), then work my way up.

I live in Melbourne, and look forward to meeting some of you at one of the coffee nights.

2. Welcome to the forums Happy grl! \:D/
  3. Welcome to the Nuthouse!
  4. Welcome to the forums happy.grl
    Hope to see you at a coffee night soon :)
  5. Hi Happy Girl! We;come. :grin:

The next coffee night is tonight at Northland if you're interested. :grin:
  6. Welcome to the forums :)

Where in melbourne are you?, as seany said there is a coffee night tonight if you want to attend.
  7. Another newie fessing up

Hi Happy girl,

I am on the verge of joining the two wheelers on the road, and I have been lerking in the background to see if this forums feeds my needs, so far so good.

8. Hi to you too Angelwings. :)
  9. Heloooo happy.grl

Nice nickname, full of positive vibes :LOL:
    Hope you enjoy the scooter and netriders. Don't worry about any stirring people give to scooter riders, it's all in fun.

And nothing compared to what the Across riders cop :roll:

10. Angelwings is a woman

I have another confession guys, I am a wild woman and am wanting to have fun and enjoy the company of some wild sided peoples. I am going for my learners very soon and will need some decent advise on the best bike to buy at the most reasonable prices together with gear to wear.

I was thinking my knee high suede stilletto boots as a start where to from there? :LOL:

:twisted: :idea:
  11. Re: Angelwings is a woman

Dude looks like a chick.
  12. Thx for the warm welcomes. I hope to be able to make it tonight, if not then will try for Southbank on Friday.

And Angelwings, can I suggest a leather mini to go with the stillettos? :p
  13. Happy Girl,

I have not laughed :LOL: like that for some time, thanks for the advise, I have a leather mini in my wardrobe, I feel so complete now. :grin:

You are right it is not just about speed, its about the wind between ????
    my wings off course. :wink:
  14. Same problem as Loz. On the leeward side is a dangerous place to be from that dude. :LOL:
  15. Hi Happy.grl and Angelwings and welcome to the forums :)
  16. Thanks Petertadhg,

I have been doing a fair bit of roam the site, am looking to buy a bike getting learners soon and trying to decide on bike what is your 250 like for a beginner. :?:
  17. Re: Angelwings is a woman

Happygrl's suggested miniskirt, stockings & garter belt small blouse tied at the midriff and open at the umm.... cleavage (ooh I must lie down, I'm getting all giddy :oops: )

Playboy bunny suit :cool:

But watch out if you see Gromit, cos hell tell you off for not being properly covered :LOL:

(yes, I am a dirty ol' man, what other sort of old men are there?)

18. The VTR is a great bike for beginners, Vtwin= plenty of torque, handles well and sounds pretty cool too! :)
  19. I have had a VTR for 2 weeks and I love it. Looks good, sounds good and most importantly, rides great!