Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another Newbie Joins the Ranks

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ScootaNut, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Just wanted to say hi. I've been riding scooters for a couple of years now and am totally addicted. I'm currently on a 125cc Vmoto Montego but am looking at replacing it in the next year - possibly with a Vespa GT200 or Yamaha Cygnus X... or something else that may take my fancy in the meantime. I really can't make up my mind. I have looked at bikes but keep being drawn back to the freedom & pure pleasure of scooters.

2. What freedom do you have on a scooter that you don't on a bike??? :?
  3. Welcome to NR.

Personally... Scooters... I just couldnt bring myself to do it. Ever.

But each to their own.
  4. Well, being one who is mildly challenged when it comes to coordination, I love not having to worry about gears & a clutch. Even after so many years of driving a manual car I'm still a bit of a no-hoper with those gears! :?
  5. From the look of your list, your not far off them :wink:
  6. Welcome to the club mate.
    Scooting is heaps of fun, enjoy!
  7. Just letting the bank balance build up :)
  8. On a rice burner that is flat out doing 100km/h with a centrifugal clutch you have yet to experience much freedom at all.....
  9. hiya and welcome

never riden a scooter but ive seen some big (spose they still are scooters) some like 600cc and 5 shoping bags under the seat aint to bad.

10. Hey there, welcome to NR!

Never ridden a scooter, prob never will, but hey!
  11. That's funny, because although I'm great with the gears on my bike, I'm having MAJOR dramas trying to go from an auto to a manual car.
  12. Oh yeah, and welcome to netrider!!!
  13. Welcome welcome and hello!!
    The good thing about coming into two wheels later in life is that I have NO preconcieved ideas, sometimes I have NO idea! But I also have no predjudices, do not conform and do not feel I have to restict myself to riding only certain types of two wheels. I unconventionally find them all fascinating and will spent the rest of my life enjoying them all! :LOL: :cool: