Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another newbie in Darwin

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by shanks_pony, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Hi all,

I'm moving up to the NT mid-January, and first thing on my list of things to do is get my L's and a bike.

Just thought I'd say g'day and let the Darwin community know that there'll be one more guy on a bike around the place (in a few weeks).

Oh, and Merry Christmas.
  2. Hi Shanks,

Darwin is a long trip from Sydney. You'll enjoy riding Darwin...no traffic, no cars.....hehehe and no people. :LOL: just you and the road.
  3. Welcome shanks_pony :grin:
  4. Welcome and Merry X-mas. :)
  5. Welcome to Netrider and the community of riders. Doesn't matter where you are, the Internet draws us together.

Now you look after your liver up there in the top end, OK? :wink:
  6. So they keep telling me! Everyone says I have the "Darwin stubbies" to look forwards to!

I've been looking in advance for bikes suitable for a learner up there, but there doesn't seem to be much available. There's a CBR250R in Tindal in the trading post that looks ok for $4.3, if I could talk him down that might be alright. Or maybe I should just wait till I get there before I start looking...
  7. Welcome shanks. Just make sure you don't break down up there or you could be waiting a while for help :grin: