Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another Newbie from SEQ!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by carolf_au, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Newbie from Ipswich! (Well it's almost Brisbane!)

Picked up my brand spankin GPX on Saturday, still waiting to take her out for a spin...damn the rain, send it to Fernvale, let Ipswich be dry! I need practice before my Q Ride next week...

Looking forward to my first rally at The Think Pink Ride in October, if my husband lets me!

Any other newbies out this way - would like some riding company during school hours once I'm good to go on my own, drop me a message!

2. Greetings and salutations! I've only been here for a couple of days myself.

Where are you doing your QRide course? Mrs Tree and I did ours at Pro Honda Rocklea. Was too easy. Great group of instructors.

Best of luck with it. Rubber-side-down. :grin:

3. I'm doing Q Ride at Pro Honda, Rocklea. Husband has bought 2 new Blackbirds from them, brother and cousins all did their course at Pro. I'm quite the regular, normally drop in once a week to say Hi to Guido and Brad!

Trying to get Paul at Pro Group to organise some charity rides - will keep you informed

4. Excellent! I went back a few months ago to do my open course. I'd spent 2 1/2 years on the 250, so I probably could've just gone and done a test, but I wanted to make sure I was doing everything right and hadn't picked up any bad habits. Aside from only using two fingers on the controls (they teach four), I sailed through the day, which made me very happy.

Mmmmmm, Blackbird... About the only bike I'd give up my keys for.

I'm just starting to get into group rides, so yeah, please keep me posted.

5. Woohoo! Another GPX :grin:

Come on the group ride on 16 September, that way there'll be three of us on 07 GPX's.

Might have to start a splinter club of our own :LOL:

6. Not sure I'll be ready for a group ride by the 16th! But thanks for the invite!! :grin:

7. Welcome aboard. Dont rush your plans for a group ride - never do anything until you feel you're ready.

8. I won't be doing anything till the Husband approves of my riding - licensed or still on learners!! He's a little over-protective since a cager wrote off his first blackbird - and he locked my keys in his gun safe!! and I don't have the combination - go figure!!!! :LOL:

9. Welcome! The road can definitely be a dangerous place, but if you've bought the bike, what else are you supposed to do with it other than ride? :?

10. Husband hit the bitumen less than 500 metres from our house, on his way to meet friends because a cager didn't look over his shoulder, and he hasn't seen me ride yet, so he's a little worried... but give it a week or two and I'll be good to go!!! And he's the one who works to pay for my toys, so I have to keep him happy sometimes!!!! :grin:

11. Finally got to ride my new bike!

Yeah!!! The rain stopped, the sun shone for a few minutes, the road was dry, the neighbours all home from work, the chook chasers buggered off to their mates house, and my street was clear...

:LOL: I finally got to ride Geepy!!!! :grin: :grin:

My husband nearly had a heart attack - what do you expect when you have to hill-start a brand new bike, with only one day's riding experience on mainly flat ground!! I managed a couple of u turns at the top of the cul-de-sac, clunky gear changes and forgot to use the foot brake, so started to roll backwards down the street, but I DID IT!!!

Can't wait for tomorrow, so I can raise his blood pressure through the roof all over again!!!

12. Nice work mate :grin:

And as DirtyTrix said, don't do anything until you feel ready. I was just so excited to see another GPX I spoke out of turn :LOL:

Anyway, good luck with it, and see you out there soon.

13. Hello and Welcome.. :grin:

14. Thanks for your welcomes and encouragement!!! I'm hoping to hit Park Road before Christmas and meet some members, only I don't think I could pass La Dolce Vita without getting a takeaway coffee before I join you all!!

15. hey and welcome

16. Now A LICENSED NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did my second day at Pro Ride today, and left with my Certificate - Off to QT Tomorrow for a licence photo!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. hello, hello...

come to cc's say hello this friday night will be spastic...

18. Cool. Daniel is gonna be too... maybe I shouldnt ride to this one and get spasticated with you instead.

spare beds at my place this time around.....