Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another newbie from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by avidmxreader, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

Got my 2 day learners booked in for the weekend, a bit nervous but excited too!

AMR.

2. Welcome Avid, good luck on the weekend. Have you got a bike or are you looking?

3. Welcome to Netrider Avid

4. Hi and welcome to NR

5. No bike yet, I have spent most of my time getting comfortable protective gear sorted.

Still trying to decide on a short-list of bikes, probably narrow it down to something new-ish like a VTR250, CB400, Ninja 250, CBR250R.

6. Welcome to NR. (y)

7. welcome to NR!! concentrate on gettin the learners, we'll give you enuff feedback an what we think is a great bike to learn on, ultimatley it is your choice to make :) and good luck with the learners test

8. Welcome to NR rider enjoy the ride

9. Welcome to NR hope you enjoy and have some fun

10. BTW, you don't say what area you're in but drzexa has a 2011 CBR250R for sale (in Melbourne)
    https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=128741

11. Welcome to NR. Good to see someone concerned about their protective gear first.

Good luck on the learner test.

12. Hey everyone, just got back from my learners course @ HART... passed!

It wasn't particularly pretty and it took me both attempts but apparently I'm competent enough to go play in the traffic now.

13. Congratulations. Have you thought about doing their learner to license course before going out on the roads? I did it and found it useful.

14. I'd consider it, but I'm really not a fan of the CBF250s, I really struggled to get my left foot in a position to change up gears with the side stand in the way. It probably didn't help I was wearing Rossi 801s, but they're so damn comfortable and have already saved me once from rolling my ankle and dropping the bike.

15. Are you going to take any other lessons?

When are you getting your own bike?

16. Hey tash,

I wasn't planning on any lessons straight away, but I would like to get some advanced or defensive riding lessons later this year.

Tomorrow (friday) is bike shopping day, got a test ride of a VTR250 booked so I can rule it in or out. So far it's the first in the list, if I don't like it then maybe a Ninja and if I don't feel comfortable on it then maybe a CBR250R.

I'm also interested in looking at one of the Royal Enfield LAMS bikes, I figure if I'm going to put up with the vibration from a single I might want to do so with some style!

17. ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Everything above this line is a a good idea to start

Everything below is not
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

• Like Like x 1
  18. LOL! Thanks for that, I'm sure I'll find something I like before I get to that point.

19. Well make sure you post a pic of the bike you get! I'm going to take some lessons and when Im comfortable to buy a bike, I'll go get some gear then go bike shopping!

Have fun tomorrow!

20. Royal Enfields are not that bad, dude! :)